פתח תפריט
Hadera Development Fund >Preservation projects > The Water Tower >

The Water Tower

 

The water tower tells the story of the water supply to Hadera’s households. In 1922 a central water pool was installed at the highest point in the village on Giborim Street.

 

Hadera’s wells were streamed by pumps into the central water pool and piped by pressure to the residents’ homes.

 

The tower that now rises above the pool was built later in order to increase the water pressure to the developing community. In the pre-state period, the tower was functioned as a communication and signaling station. The water tower complex was renovated in honor of the city of Hadera 120th anniversary celebrations.

 

The Water Tower project was funded by the Hadera Municipality.

הקרן לפיתוח חדרה

HADERA DEVELOPMENT FUND | p.o.box 3340 Hadera | Phone: +972-4-6331094 | Fax: +972-4-6346574 | e-mail: office@dfhadera.org.il

Error

בניית אתרים