פתח תפריט
Hadera Development Fund >Preservation projects > The Ram House >

The Ram House

 

The Ram House, the home of Tzila and Baruch Ram, was built between 1923-4. A two-story structure of cemented (lithified) dune covered with a tiled roof.

 

In the early 1930s, the house was expanded by adding two wings on its north and south sides.

 

The father of the Ram-Nachman family was one of the founders of Hadera, a zealot for Hadera colony and the Hebrew language learning. Nachman died at age 40 of malaria. His son, Baruch, had to discontinue his studies and returned to Hadera to help his family. Baruch and his family lived in the house and worked at their orchards. In 1985 Baruch Ram’s widow handed over the house to the Hadera municipality.

 

The building was restored and renovated and is now serves as a youth center where social activities and a café are operated by the youth themselves.

 

The Ram House project was funded by the International Fellowship of Christian & Jews and the Hadera Municipality.

הקרן לפיתוח חדרה

HADERA DEVELOPMENT FUND | p.o.box 3340 Hadera | Phone: +972-4-6331094 | Fax: +972-4-6346574 | e-mail: office@dfhadera.org.il

Error

בניית אתרים