פתח תפריט
Hadera Development Fund >Preservation projects > The Ahad Ha'am School >

The Ahad Ha'am School

 

The Ahad Ha'am School was inaugurated in 1922 by British Commissioner Sir Herbert Samuel and became the first school in Hadera. The school, which was also the home of the settlement committee, was visited by the national poet Chaim Nachman Bialik, Nahum Sokolov, Shaul Tchernichovsky and more of the greatest people of the nation.

 

The school was comprised of three coed classrooms and a nurse room. It symbolized the founders' struggle in the land of Israel and the importance of educating the children as a key to the social and cultural strength of the Yishuv in Palestine.

 

The school has undergone a process of conservation and restoration and today it is the home of the City Council and the Visitor Center that tells the story of pioneering in Hadera and the values that many generations have grown upon in the city.

 

The Ahad Ha’am School project was funded by the Ministry of Jerusalem & Heritage of the Israel Government Tourist Corporation and the Hadera Municipality.

הקרן לפיתוח חדרה

HADERA DEVELOPMENT FUND | p.o.box 3340 Hadera | Phone: +972-4-6331094 | Fax: +972-4-6346574 | e-mail: office@dfhadera.org.il

Error

בניית אתרים